ePostal ballot voting is a type of voting used in an election where ballot papers are distributed to voters with the help of email. The voter downloads the ballot paper, prints it, marks his vote and again sends it via email.
In an election system, the ePostal ballot system may be used on-demand or limited to individuals meeting certain criteria, such as a proven inability to travel to a designated polling place.
Steps in ePostal Voting :
- Register yourself as service personnel.
- Returning officer of your constituency would send you ePostal ballot, via email around 14 days in advance.
- You need to print the ballot, forms and envelops, mark the ballot, place in envelops as required, fill your details.
- Then need to get it attested by applicable government official.
- Mail it back to the returning officer in the printed envelope.
- Ensure the whole process takes less than 14 days.